My client is a leading global provider of technologies and solutions that help businesses to action information. The company sets the standard in content capture and innovative language-based technologies that integrate across the information lifecycle. Their solutions are relied on to optimise business processes, mitigate risk, accelerate decision making and drive revenue. Their technologies are used and licensed by some of the largest international enterprises and government organisations, as well as SMBs and individuals. The client is an international company with about 1200 employees and representatives worldwide. Their products are being sold in more than 150 countries around the world through an extensive network of regional and international partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an international software vendor and actively contribute to the organisation’s ambitious growth plans. We are looking for a highly skilled technical professional with sales experience to fill an opening we have in Pre-Sales. The role will be predominately UK-based, covering both the UK and Ireland, however there will be opportunities for travel internationally.
The organisation’s corporate and head office are not UK-based, therefore this role would suit candidates who enjoy working as part of a small, but active team. The role does however report to the Director of Customer Enablement who is UK-based.
General Role & Responsibilities
• To provide technical/functional consultancy in support of sales at client meetings
• To identify customer requirements and plans to design customer centric solutions
• To work with sales teams to exploit commercial opportunities for the company’s range of products and solutions
• Responsible for Pre-Sales project management from requirement capture and design to implementation handover
• Working closely with members of the Sales, Technical and Pre-Sales
• Work closely with UK & Ireland Sales Managers to create a compelling proposal for the customer based on discovery of the business case and the customer’s intent
• Where relevant, to identify key revenue generating opportunities for products and services to customers either direct or through the Sales team (for the financial benefit of the company)
• To write Functional and Technical Requirement specifications which meet customer requirements
• Where required, to review technology/service offerings/products with internal and external parties as part of any evaluation or development process
• Report regularly to the Director of Customer Enablement progress and developments (such as progress and performance against targets)
• To update on a regular basis Salesforce.com
• Experience of the IT software industry, ideally in Content, Document or Process Management, or other business applications. Knowledge of DM solutions ideal
• Experience in customer facing role, preferably in B2B or B2C sales and ideally within a similar industry
• Knowledge of Microsoft C#, VBScript, JAVA or similar object-oriented languages
• Ability to work from home if required
• Driving license /willingness to travel
• Great communication and presentation skills
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Proactive attitude
• Independent worker