My client is looking for a Senior Developer (Python) to join their backend development team. This role is about being part of a team putting complex web applications into production. They have a cutting- edge tech stack (AWS, Spark, Python3, Flask, PostgreSQL, Angular2) applied to a uniquely complex big-data machine-learning problem. They believe they have one of the best Python teams in the business. If the idea of joining such a team and working on such a problem really excites you, then you should apply!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The backend team follows the Agile process and work in scrums teams, with a team leader and a project manager. The aim is to produce high-quality product to the end user which is highly-scalable, maintainable and follows best-practices. The pace of work is rapid and is suited to those who can maintain and enjoy a high-tempo of development.
Examples of the sort of areas that the backend team is currently working on are as follows:
• IDE. Although Jupyter is the main interface way in which their API is exposed experience with any IDE is sufficient. They aim to reliably provide this application to users and support a range of features.
• Container Services. They make extensive use of docker containers throughout the firm. Designing and implementing rules and services around containers.
The backend team work in close conjunction with DevOps, database, front-end, data science, and system-ops
• Extensive industry experience writing Python code for RESTful applications (3-5years) • Flask • Direct experience with high load web platforms
Nice to Haves:
• Boto3 SDK • SQL Language experience (They use Postgre)
You will likely be in your second job (or beyond) as a full-time employee, having established a CV which shows you are able to stick at a job and spend several years in the position. You will be looking to move because you feel you have learnt all you can in your current role, or that you are working with out of date technologies. You will an enthusiast who thrives on the excitement of the project you are working on – we are not looking for 9-5 people. You will have enjoyed owning projects in your previous firms, taking ownership across teams to get the working application in front of your end-users. You will be a team player, aware of the constraints of both your colleagues and the business. Your goal is helping the team achieve its goals. You will be a problem solver who wants to quickly understand issues and propose solutions. We are not looking for someone who simply processes assigned tickets without understanding the bigger picture. You must be intellectually curious. You must have a desire to understand and promote best practice for programming in the cloud. This role requires constant learning, specifically with AWS – the successful candidate must be enthused about the prospect of AWS training and then AWS exams soon after joining. Thereafter an important part of the role is keeping on-top of the latest developments in the field.
SALARY & MISCELLANEOUS
• This role is paying a flexible salary depending on the experience of the applicant however the range is £80,000 at the bottom end to £150,000 at the top end per annum.
• The company does not offer a bonus option at this time however this could change in the future
• There are stock options included in the package
• Standard benefits are also included – details can be discussed later
• The company is based in Central London
• It is a very agile company to work for and are very fast growing so this is a chance to join at a time when you can have very quick career progression and be in a senior position in a company that is sure to achieve big things in the market