Back in 2014, with only £1,000, Peter and Bipin founded a brokerage website specialising in selling cryptocurrency in the UK via LocalBitcoins; a third-party trading website. Over the next 3 years, the company quickly became a leader in the industry and enjoyed turnover of £100,000,000 in the last 12 months and profit in the millions since inception. It was at this point when Peter and Bipin decided the next logical step was to facilitate transactions on their own platform.
The new company consists of Peter (CEO), Bipin (COO), Tom (UX Lead) and their newest recruit; Damian (Senior Full Stack Developer). The company will be employing a UX-led process to build an easy, friendly, and fun way to buy and sell cryptocurrency, initially; in exchange for card payments, but eventually; by means of various payment methods.
The team believes the UX of the cryptocurrency landscape to be largely intimidating, resulting in a misconception that only the young or technically-minded can enter the market. Their long-term goal is to help secure industry-wide regulation and encourage mass-adoption through popular culture, tackling this misconception head-on in creating a cryptocurrency service for everyone.
About the role
The company require a driven QA Engineer capable of ensuring software quality within a complex IT infrastructure through the development and execution of software test plans by way of verification procedures based upon software and system specifications.
They expect rapid growth, so the successful candidate will have to ensure systems can operate at large scale and with high availability. The QA Engineer should also be a forward-thinker whose techniques work consistently as the platform and user base grows.
You will be expected to:
• Develop integration and performance tests using software like Selenium
• Build test frameworks for web apps, including related backend services and databases
• Writing bug reports and maintaining bug triage to ensure items are correctly prioritised/risk assessed
• Implementing and maintaining suitable regression tests
• Work closely with developers ensuring great feature quality
• Collaborate with the whole team and estimate features in sprint planning
About the environment
The successful applicant will enjoy all the flexibility that comes with an early-stage startup and the additional perks that come with being based in WeWork Devonshire Square e.g. free coffee, free beer, table tennis/pool, a like-minded community, and so much more!
Requirements & Qualifications
• A BS degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent experience
• Experience in both automated and manual testing methods
• Continuous integration methodologies and execution using software such as Jenkins
• Working in an agile testing experience in an agile development environment
• Writing clear, concise, well-documented code that adheres to commercial standards
• Testing RESTful services
• A keen self-learner of relevant new technologies and tools
Salary & Compensation
£30,000 to £50,000 /year